I will be posting lots of recipes that I have used for my son. These recipes are great - ask my son! I have also received lots of positive feedback from others that have shared meals with us.
Please remember, I am not an expert on allergies, I am not a doctor, a nutritionist or trained chef for that matter! I am just sharing my experience. If in doubt always check with your Dr!
There are a few things that I would like you to be aware of:
- Make sure the ingredients in the recipes are safe for your child/family;
- Never try several new foods at once – if there is a reaction you won’t know which is the culprit!
- Never try new foods in the evening – very hard to get medical support and you end up in hospital (spoken from experience).
- Substitute the ingredients for what is safe for you and if you not sure – post a question on the blog – others have faced the same question and come up with some great alternatives.
- If you are cooking for someone with an allergy – you need to make sure all of your utensils are allergen free. Also it might be wise to buy new packets of ingredients in case there has been cross contamination of foods from other cooking adventures!